The Upper Eden Visitor Centre is located at:
Summer opening hours: Mon – Sat 10.00am – 4.00pm, Sun 10.00am – 4.00pm
Winter opening hours: Mon, Wed, Fri, Sat and Sun 11.00am – 3.00pm
The Upper Eden Community Interest Company (formally Upper Eden Community Plan Group) has now taken over the Kirkby Stephen Tourist Information Centre to run a community-led Upper Eden Visitor Centre. The Centre highlights the local area and offers retail opportunities to local people and artisans.
- Local Accommodation Finding and Booking Service
- Information on what to see and do around the local area and nearby
- Information on local and events
- A wide selection of maps and guide books for walking and cycling, including local and long distance routes
- Coast to Coast path merchandise
- Stockists of Kirkby Stephen Poetry Path Book, Discover Eden Walks and walking guides by Peter McWilliam
- Level access to information desk and hearing loop
More information for visitors is available on the pages of this website
Things to See and Do
Click Here to navigate to golakes, the official website of Cumbria Tourism, for more information to help you explore the character, history, culture and environment of Kirkby Stephen, Brough, Mallerstang and the surrounding area.
Click Here to navigate to the Kirkby Stephen pages on iknow-lakedistrict.co.uk, an online directory where you will find further information.